Today, we are going to check 9 simple steps, or you may even call them tips, to make your bridal makeup look subtle and glowy. Mostly, bridal makeup is done by a makeup artist. But if you are the one who prefer to do it yourself or if you want to do wedding makeup for your friend, then the following steps will help you!
1. Cleanse and Primer Your Face: You don’t want to look so oily, dull or dry on your D day. So choose your cleanser and primer according to your skin type. If you have very oily skin, opt for a mild oil clearing cleanser and if you have the driest skin, make sure there is some ‘cream’ on your face wash. Your should look neither oily nor patchy. Base makeup is the most important step!
2. Foundation: In the previous step, we used a primer to help makeup application easy. So now its time for the foundation. Choose the right foundation for your skin tone, (Undertone too) and apply your foundation neatly over your facial skin. If you want to invest in a good quality foundation brush before your wedding, then get MAC 187 or 190. Make sure your founation has no SPF content! You don’t even want SPF 5. This SPF thing will spoil your look in all photographs.
3. Conceal: Its your wedding so don’t be hesitant to try a heavy coverage concealer. Choose one which exactly matches your skin tone and using a concealer brush, dab it and blend it over the imperfections. Use lot of blotting tissue to avoid a cakey look.
4. Blush: You may be already blushing this day but you want a blush that gives a soft flush on your cheeks :) That looks pretty too. Doesn’t that? So get your favorite blush (You should keep in mind your costume too) and apply it over the apples of your cheek. Blend well using a blush brush.
5. Contour: Contoured face looks amazing on photographs! So if you have a fuller face, and you want to slim it down a bit to look gorgeous on your wedding day, then read this post on how to make your face look thinner with makeup. Shabby explains well about contouring here. If you have a lengthy face which is not so chubby, you can still do contouring to sharpen your features. It will make you the most beautiful bride!
6. Highlight: Highlighting your cheek bones and nose area will look flattering if done along with contouring. But don’t go over the board. If you are not sure about highlighting, then just give that a skip.
7. Loose Powder: This is an optional step. If you have that really dry skin, you can avoid powder touch ups. But if in case your skin is oily like mine, finish your makeup with a mild dust of translucent loose powder.
8. Eyes: If you want your wedding makeup look to be simple, then go neutral. Neutral eyeshadows will suit any type of costume. That is why I love neutral eye pigments so much. Line your eyes, curl your lashes and put on mascara. If you prefer, define your waterline with a dark colored kajal. Fill your eyebrows.
9. Lips: Non-drying lip stains are the best ones for wedding. They don’t dry out your lips. They aren’t patchy and they stay for a long time. Choose one according to your like. Avoid funky shades and neon shades for your wedding. MLBB shades will rock with intense black smokey eyes! If you want to make your lips hot and kissable, go for red and neat simple eye makeup. Make sure to scrub and moisture your lips before you put on your lip stain, lipstick or lip gloss.
Happy Makeup-ing! :) Enjoy your wedding with your DIY Makeup!