Yesterday I got an urgent message from Lancy asking me whether I could do a makeup look inspired by our national flag for today. Yes of course I could. I was honoured to contribute something on this special day of the birth of free India. So here it is for Lancy and Swathika who were the one who asked for this. Enjoy girls and thanks again for asking me this!
This makeup is quite dramatic and unless you want to look like a painted flag, don’t try this for normal occasions. It’s strictly for extreme Halloween type fests. I also included a lip colour which I usually wear to give my contribution to our flag.
- Lakme perfecting foundation
- Lakme radiance compact
- Vov eye pencil in green
- Ads pencils for white and green
- Eye shadows from random palettes
- Dazzler mascara
- A spoon! You will see why..
1. Prime and prepare your eyes. Fill your brows with a brown pencil. Both green and blue in this actually accentuates brown eyes. Make sure you use concealer on the sides of your nose since I use a shimmery white here and this will make your dark circles and nose look darker.
2. Apply a white shimmery eye shadow on 1/4th of inner eye lid. Blend with a nude base colour.
Apply saffron orange in the remaining part of the lid. I made a definite line here not blending much to give that proper flag effect.
3. Now add the ink blue in the outer part making a small wing. Apply for good intense pigmentation.
On lower lash line apply a light green in the inner half and dark green in the outer half. Extend this green and make a v on the upper lid part. Blend more and mix with the blue.
4. Fill the light green near the tear duct area. Highlight your brow bone with powder since if you use a shadow it will definitely look OTT.
5. Curl your lashes and apply your favourite mascara 2 coats. I skipped liner and kajal here. If you want you can add of course.
Tada…you are done. Hope you like this one girls!
I used spoon here for curling my lashes a bit. I don’t like curlers much so. It makes a nice flowery curl instead if the dramatic straight curl you get with a curler.
The lipstick is dazzler lipstick in shade No 612. It is a bang on match of saffron orange with brown tones. Makes me look glowy!
I hope you really liked this Swathika. Everyone have a great day.
Happy Independence Day girls! Mera bharat Mahan.
Editor’s Note: This post is one day late due to power cut in my area. Sowwiee!