Seriously speaking, I am a makeup cheat. I have never really spent too much time in front of the mirror, and still prefer cheating over really sitting there and doing something to my face. Today, I will share five makeup tricks that you can apply on your regular skincare routine, and get great results. Of course, some of it you are probably aware of, and some might help you a lot.
1. Make your lipstick last: Many of us complain – Eek! This lipstick does not last! Well, make it last! What you should ideally do to your lipstick is simple. Start with a liner, and line your lips. Then apply one coat of lipstick. Blot with a tissue paper. Apply a second coat. Blot again. You can further set it by dusting a layer of eye shadow of the same color, or translucent powder. However, that tends to make lips dry. Ideally, you should check your lipstick every 3 hour or so, and always after eating and/or drinking.
2. Use darker foundation to cover blemishes: Well, this is the deal. When you try applying the same foundation for your skin and blemishes, you tend to end up looking pale and pasty. This is the trick. Apply a slightly darker foundation on the blemish areas of your face and blend with your fingers or a foundation brush. Then, apply the foundation appropriate for your skin tone on your face, and blend well to make sure it all is well covered. Finally, you can add blush and then set with a finishing powder.
3. Use your lipstick as a blush: This is a trick that can be best done with a lipstick with a nice, pink or orange tint to it, and one which is not too shimmery or frosty. One of my favorite makeup girls on Youtube does it with Rimmel Asia lipstick. When you blend in a bit of the color then your lips and cheek have a similar, very natural flush. I love using hydrating lipsticks for this purpose with creamy or lightly shimmery finish if I don’t have a blush handy which suits me. Works very well if you blend it in well.
4. Always use something for your throat: PLEASE! This is a request. Please do use the same foundation you have applied on your face to your throat. Otherwise, I have seen many women with fantastic makeup on their face, and darkened, patchy-skinned throat. Please apply a bit of foundation all over your neck, especially if your neck is darker than your face, and do use a powder to blend everything in. It works. Try it sometimes.
5. Use a powder or spray to tone down and set makeup: This is a must for heavy makeup. If you are using a lot of foundation and blush, then use a finishing powder or fixing spray to make sure it lasts. Bourjois has a fantastic finishing powder. Also, so does a number of other brands. This really makes your makeup last. Also, it tones down the makeup whenever required. Use it on your skin and see the difference.
I hope these five tricks are helpful. It is intended for everyone who love makeup and want to make it last longer.
Do you have a makeup tip to share? Use the comment section below! 🙂
Image source: Google