When it is hair care, one obvious thing that comes to mind is the using of oil. It is the choice and comfort of usage of oil that makes one to choose the type of oil. Also environmental factors contribute a lot in choosing hair oil. I often use coconut oil for hair. At time I use sesame oil for the nourishment it provides; but its smell turns me off. So, coconut oil is the safe option.
This post is all about adding methi/fenugreek essence into your daily hair oil.
- Fenugreek hair packs help in resolving dandruff problems and also prevents dandruff in the scalp.
- Any sort of scalp infections or irritations are well treated by fenugreek.
- Overnight soaked fenugreek hair pack helps resolve the lice problem in school going children
- Also, summer heat boils due to sweating in the scalp is treated with fenugreek.
- Intake of methi or fenugreek is believed to help in the healthy growth of the hair.
The benefits of coconut oil for hair and scalp:
- Coconut oil has great aroma and gives a relieved feeling when massaged to head and hair.
- Coconut oil provides very good nourishment to the dry scalp.
- Coconut oil helps nourishing the hair strands and split ends too.
How to add methi/fenugreek essence to the hair oil?:
So, this is the actual portion of the topic. It is just easy and there is no great thing involved. All you will need are fenugreek, coconut oil and sunlight. Don’t get surprised. Yes.
It is up to you to choose the form of fenugreek. You can choose between fenugreek leaves or fenugreek seeds, or even both. Here I am doing only with the fenugreek seeds.
- For fenugreek seeds, they need to be powdered in the mixer. Make sure it is completely in dry form. To a bowl (I prefer steel bowl, you will know why), add the fenugreek powder.
- Now add coconut oil. (Quantity, as much as you need)
- If you wish to add the leaves too, then just drop a fist full of leaves to the bowl containing coconut oil.
- Keep this bowl under the sunlight; front yard, back yard, balcony, open terrace, anywhere. Scorching hot sun is very much needed. For this sun exposure, steel containers are the best.
- Continue the exposing of fenugreek soaked in oil under hot sun for at least 7 days.
- So, this is done. The oil is ready to be used. Thus fenugreek has emitted out all of its inner most essence into the oil. Transfer it to an air tight container and store for future usage.
If only fenugreek powder is used, it need not be separated from the oil before storing. But, if methi leaves are used, then they have to be removed out from the oil.
I hope you will try this and enjoy. :) Thanks for reading.