How many of you here suffer from acne? Raise your hands! Well facing acne is not only a temporary problem. Acne bumps are painful to touch and handle, moreover they leave ugly dark spots behind. These spots may be dark brown or red in colour depending on the skin tone of a person. Women around the world undergo several parlor laser treatments to fade away these acne spots but they never realize that some amount of baking soda and an orange fruit can cure the scars naturally.
Of course yes, it is not a quick or magical process but this treatment processes speed up the natural spot fading. Let us check the step by step home facial method today which we can follow once in a week at home to fade acne scars in a natural and faster way. I tried it on myself for 2 weeks and it gave me amazing results – check the image below.
Step 1 – Cleanse: Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser before starting this home facial treatment for acne scars. A gentle oil clearing cleanser would do much better than cream based cleansers. After cleansing your facial skin, softly wipe it off with a soft cotton pad.
Step 2 – Steam: Steaming opens up the skin pores and removes the dirt and inner impurities. Fill up a wide bowl with water and few drops essential oils (optional). Bring it to boil and switch off the stove. Exposure your facial skin to the steam and cover your head with a thick towel to prevent the steam spreading to air. Take this facial steam for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3 – Exfoliate with Baking Soda: Mix baking soda with required rose water to make a thick paste. Apply this exfoliator over your steamed facial skin and scrub with gentle circular motions. This encourages the removal of dead cells and other waste particles from the skin. After scrubbing for 2-3 minutes, splash fresh water and wash away the baking soda without leaving any residue.
Step 4 – Orange Bleach: The citrus extracts of the orange juice naturally bleaches the skin and lightens the acne scars. After the steaming and exfoliating processes got done, your skin would be more fresh and apt for the absorption of citrus extracts. Dilute the orange juice in 1/2 parts of water and dip a cotton pad into this mixture. Gently apply this cotton pad over your facial skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
After washing off, don’t forget to pat dry and moisturize skin. That’s it. You’re now done with your orange & baking soda acne scar clearing treatment home facial.
Important Things to Remember:
1. Steps 1 and 4, that are cleansing and bleaching should be done everyday to notice fast results.
2. The steaming process should only be done once in a week. And the exfoliating process (with baking soda) should be done twice a week.
3. Whatever your skin type may be, you MUST moisturize your skin after you are done with this facial.
4. Do this facial only at evening or night. If you are going to perform this in day time, make sure you wear a sunscreen with a SPF after doing it.
5. In this two weeks of time, you should not expose your skin to the sunlight. If you do so, your skin will become more darker than before. (Due to the sensitivity caused by orange bleach)
6. You should wash your face 2-3 times a day with a mild cleanser.
7. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day while performing this treatment.
8. If your skin is allergic to citrus fruits or baking soda, do not try this facial.
9. This treatment should only be followed to cure acne scars and improve complexion. If you have live acne bumps, do not try it at all.
10. This facial may not work on everyone as it worked for me. So I cannot guarantee you the removal of acne scars. If it causes any irritation, wash your face with cold water and apply aloe gel. However, mild irrigation is normal during the process.