Lip Balm has become a necessity for me. My lips are of the normal kind and are almost without any pigmentation (*touchwood*). When I first saw this Mango lip balm at my local cosmetic store, I could not stop myself from buying it. Let us find out if it worked for me.
- Also Read: VLCC Daily Protect Honey Lip Balm Review
Price and Quanity:
Rs. 49 for 4 g
Well, the lip balm is moisturizing for my normal lips but dry lips will need something better than this one. It has a staying power, which is a maximum of 1 hour. It creates a yellowish layer onto the lips, which looks really un-natural and weird. I just do not like the packaging as well. If you pull out a bit more of the balm, then putting it back is slightly difficult. In addition, it melts down during the summer time and hence, I need to keep it refrigerated all the time.
I will not recommend it because I do not like reapplying my lip balms and its fragrance is too artificial for my taste. I will not recommend it also because I know we cannot carry our refrigerators with us everywhere we go :P
Summing up the detailed pros and cons- (I know most of you only read the pros and cons :P and thus, I have explained each point nicely for you :))
- This lip balm is very affordable. The quantity you get at the price is great.
- It contains SPF 15. Thus, this lip balm helps in protection of the lips from the harmful sun rays too!
- It does not feel heavy on the lips. It is not too much waxy or anything and just provides the right amount of moisture for my normal lips.
- The lip balm is yellow in color. If you try to swipe it more than twice on your lips, then, be sure to have yellow lips :P
- Packaging is a turn off for me. The twist up kind of bottom is too loose and gets stuck sometimes which is a total boo from my side.
- This lip balm has a very low staying power of about 1 hour. You need to keep reapplying it every one hour. I am simply not Okay with it.
- It melts down badly during the hot summer months. It is too soft and if you exert even slightly more pressure, the bullet will break and it will be a pain to join it back.
- Dry lips should stay away from this one, as it will not do anything for you.
- This lip balm breaks into chunks on your lips while you apply it and thus gives you a very uneven application.
- Fragrance that has been added to this lip balm is quite artificial.
Final Verdict: It is a very average type of lip balm which will not help you out much and I will only recommend it to you if you do not mind reapplying it every one hour and if you want yellow colored lips :P
Do I Recommend?:
I will give my answer with a very simple word- NO. Sometimes saying No is very important in life too.
Will I Repurchase?:
Yes, only if need a yellow colored lip balm, someday :P I am going back to my favorite Baby Lips by Maybelline. If you are a mango lover, then please skip this!