I have always preferred lip gloss over a lipstick for obvious benefits. The moisturisation, the tint and the glossy finish all in one.Now I have 5 times more lipsticks than glosses in my vanity. That’s a different story. All thanks to beauty blogs here. My first ever lipstick was Elle 18 Pomegranate Pie and it’s one of my HG shades. Coming to this its dazzler lip gloss in the shade 005 so let’s see what is has got.
Price and Quantity:
Rs. 75 for 4 gm
Packaging: The lip gloss comes in a transparent plastic with golden screw cap with a feathery wand. The wand is really good for application. It fits easily in your palm and very travel friendly.
Colour: It is light copper in color with bronze undertones. This gloss works well with Elle 18 Cranberry and Baked peach. It has tiny bronze and copper particles. The gloss in not much tinted as you can see in the lip swatch. And it bleeds if not applied properly, or in hot weather and without anything underneath. It needs at least a lip liner and I use lakme glide on lip color in bronze glitter.
Texture: It’s quite glossy though you may feel stick after sometime. It’s really moisturizing and it holds whatever lip stick you use for longer time. It starts fading and then you can see your lips shining without the glitter and glitter gets removed really easy with this one.
Staying power: It stays for 2 and half hours and the moisturisation for nearly 4 hours if not eaten or swallowed with anything
Fragrance: The gloss has pleasant fragrance which is not at all over powering and I really prefer this over Elle 18 smoothies. They are just over bearing sometimes.
- Good moisturisation
- Easy on pocket
- Helps in holding your lipstick better
- Glossy finish
- Mild fragrance and easily available.
- It’s a shade that is festival as well as which suits for casual wear as well.
- It will compliment every type of skin tone.
- Fades rather quickly leaving only the shine without its glitter which is not good for pigmented lips (This is when not used along with a lip colour underneath)
- Bleeds in hot weather and a lip liner is a must.
- A bit sticky after sometime and your lips feel as if they are glued together. I only experienced this once though when used it alone.
Do I Recommend?:
Yes. It’s really good for the price I get. Actually it is lots better than Elle 18 ones in moisturisation part and smell. But nothing beats Vaseline when it comes to lip care.
Would I Repurchase?:
Yes if I finish this one I will. I almost use it every day. This gloss gives a nice shine to my lips and its a good colour on heavy eyes day. 🙂