Anita Dongre’s Query:
I have just come across your blog today while hunting for hair related problems.
Must say it is a nice read. Natural home tips does work wonders. You are too good and sweet to share it with us. I am going through a bad time with my hair and finding no help for it. I am looking forward for your care.
2. I am 34 years old from Mumbai. Have been graying for last 3 years – 2 inches from the forehead. Earlier it was the inside part and I dint bother much as I always leave my hair. Now the strands are clearly visible and looks awful.
3. I used to apply Mehendi during my college days. When it started graying I did start Mehendi but the grey hair turned in a mix of red grey and brown.
4. Last one year I started colouring my hair.
1. Coloring helped to hide my grays but graying increased. (of course I have only coloured the front 2 inches..rest untouched…left the behind inside grays as it is)
2. A big time hair loss and whatever is left is turning extremely dry. The difference is clearly visible how my hair was before and how it is now. It is getting dry as a broom. and I can say i have lost 1/4th of the volume.
1. I am thinking of taking Vitamin E and Becosule capsules to combat vitamin deficiency, if any. Please advise.
2. Should I be applying egg whole with yogurt once a week?
3. Can I now go back to Mehendi?. If yes, what should be the preparation and where in Mumbai can I get pure Mehendi powder without chemicals.
4. Should I stop branded shampoos and resort to cleansing with soaking shikakai, reeta and amla seed over night. Or can u suggest me some good chemical free shampoo?
5. Which conditioner is safe as I have seen apart from hair loss while combing, lot of hair gets washed away after shampooing plus a 2 millimeter size hair strand right from the root slips out while conditioning. (I wash my hair twice a week. ideally I should thrice a week as it itches very bad as i travel to work in train.)
I am actually getting worried as I am loosing lot of hair with very low density of hair. Before it is too late I want to help myself with home care. and I am sure you can help me out.
I understand your problem. You are suffering from premature graying of hair. I highly suggest you to consult your trichologist before trying any home remedies. Causes of gray hair can be many. It may be vitamin deficiency, hereditary, improper maintenance, change of water or anything else. Only your doctor can find out the main cause and give you a solution. Without knowing the cause, we cannot solve the gray hair problem completely but only can hide it with natural home remedies.
Mehendi is a good option and I love using Mehendi on my hair. If you are looking out for pure Mehendi powder in Mumbai, I am sorry :( I do not know as I am a Chennaite. But one thing I can say is, try to prepare your own Mehendi powder at home. It will be much more natural than the store bought ones. Buy Mehendi leaves. Wash them, dry them in shade and grind them finely. There you go! You can definitely use Mehendi to cover your gray hair strands. Mehendi is a magical hair friend!
I take vitamin E and Becosules for my hair too and they work good to maintain my hair’s health and shine; but I suggest you to consult your doctor because taking any hair supplement as you did not yet find out the cause. Taking vitamin E and becosules everyday is never going to harm you anyway but consulting is better before starting any hair care supplements.
You have mentioned that your hair turned too much dry these days. And you also asked whether to use egg and yogurt on your hair or not. Try using this homemade egg hair conditioner recipe. It works excellently to cure extra dry hair.
I am not sure whether you should stop using branded shampoos and switch to natural ones. When I asked my mom about this, she said that Shikakai is a better option. Why don’t you try shikakai for a month and decide what to use? Find how to make shikakai powder at home? and how to make shikakai hair wash cream at home? by following the links. I hope these articles will help you.
Its normal to loose much hair while shampooing. (Read this: Why Do You Lose Much Hair While Shampooing?) So do not bother about that. But if you are loosing hair strands excessively, I suggest you to use Shikakai hair powder or The Nature’s Co Sandalwood Hair Cleanser after massaging your hair with hot oil twice a week. Hot oil massage helps with better blood circulation, thus stimulating hair growth. It also helps in controlling hair fall.
Hope these tips will help you however before trying all these, do consult your doctor immediately!
Girls! If you have few hair care ideas or product suggestions for Anita, please do let her know by dropping your comments below. If you want to submit your query to us, go here