Here I present to you certain day to day tips to make weight loss and weight control a part of your routine and not a project to be finished. Stop going on crash diets and starving your body!! Instead follow these to boost your health in general 🙂
1. Drink lots of water. This has multiple good effects. It gives you a full sensation so that you do not munch unnecessarily. Also, it flushes out the toxins and keeps you fresh and healthy. Water hydrates your system and lets your metabolism work better.
If you don’t like to consume plain water much, you can add juice of lemon or fresh cucumber slices into it. It tastes refreshing; believe me.
2. Increase intake of vegetable and fruit salads. Raw vegetables and fruits provide fiber which helps keep your system clean and again since you tend to feel full you naturally stay away from snacking. Also, fiber makes you feel ‘full’ quicker as compared to other foods.
3. Opt for healthier snacks. Stop eating potato chips, popcorn, chocolates, ice cream, cakes, etc.
Go in for better options available like multigrain cookies, sprouts,idli etc.
4. Switch from full cream milk to toned or double toned milk. And replace the white bread with whole wheat bread. These two can look simple, but makes a great difference.
5. Intake of green/herbal tea is believed to help cut down weight with regular use! Another such age old recommendation is lemon juice in luke warm water.
6. Work it out!! A daily moderate exercising of 35 to 40 minutes is needed by the body. Try these simple tips if you don’t have time to hit the gym. Use stairs instead of elevators and escalators in malls, office, apartment or metro stations.
In your lunch time, take a walk around the office. Next time you are idle, don’t be lazy and stay glued to the laptop. Go for a jog around the park
7. Instead of taking 3 large meals opt for 5 smaller meals including what I suggested earlier as your snacking options.
8. Have breakfast properly. If you skip the first meal of the day you tend to gulp in more later. Also, dinner should be the lightest meal of your day as most of us head straight to bed after dinner. Avoid a high protein diet in dinner. Include pulses, dairy products in your breakfast or lunch instead.
9. Cut down on colas, sodas and preservative added fruit juices. Each of them carries between 120 to 150 calories.These are sources of very concentrated sugars. Go for coconut water or buttermilk instead.
10. Don’t cut of sugar intake all together. As in,if you are taking 2 teaspoons sugar in your coffee bring it down to 1.5 and then gradually to 1.
11. Cut down on excess salt! Salt contains sodium that causes water retention in body. Do not add extra salt to your salads and veggies! Avoid pickles.
12. Next time you have a sweet craving opt for sweetened yogurt 🙂 and not ice creams.
13. Chew your food slowly. Slow down in general while having your meal.
14. Did you know? People who keep sitting all day tend to accumulate more fat on tummy area.
make an effort to stand doing certain usual chores. It could be as simple as while making a phone call.
16. Sleep well 🙂 Yes,it is true!! People who are sleep deprived tend to eat more.
By following these 15 tips regularly, you will definitely notice a change in your weight within 2 months.
Foods to Avoid When Trying to Lose Weight:
1. Fried foods
2. Fast Foods
3. Table sugar
6. Breads & Pastas made with white flour
7. Soda such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
8. All baked goods made with white flour
9. Canned fruits w/added sugar
10. Buttered or Flavored Popcorn
11. Ice creams and Desserts