Is there anyone who hates eye makeup? at least among the beauty loving divas? I guess the answer will be no. Everybody loves eye makeup! Even a girl who don’t wear that red lipstick or concealer, has the habit of swiping tad kajal and mascara on her eyes. Agree?
So what comes to you mind when you think of your eye makeup at the end of your tired day? A good eye makeup remover.. huh? I know it’s a lazy job to remove all the makeup before going to sleep :P but it is very very essential in order to protect our skin and eyes. There were days I used to lose my eyebrow hairs without removing my mascara to night :O Fine, let me stop my story here and concentrate on today’s post.
If you’re regular to eye makeup then you would definitely need a good eye makeup remover to get rid of the makeup leftover residues. Investing in parlor makeup removers might be good at times but it leaves a hole in your pocket most of the time. You might also have the risk of facing any allergies on your skin with your newly bought eye makeup remover.
Let us make our own eye makeup remover with olive oil and some other kitchen ingredients to be on the safer and budget friendly side. Olive oil is an excellent natural makeup remover. This recipe doesn’t contain alcohol, preservatives and other chemicals but still works very effectively and naturally to remove all the makeup from your eyes. You can also use it as your face and body makeup remover as it is gentle on skin. Check the recipe below and make use of it.
Things you will need:
- Half a cup of distilled water
- Rose flower petals
- Half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Few drops of baby oil
- An old lotion or toner container
How To Make?
1. Put the rose petals in a bowl of distilled water and boil it for few minutes. Switch off the stove and take out the rose petals out of the extract. Allow the extract to cool down and your rose water, the base ingredient is ready now. You can also use a store bought rose water for this procedure.
2. Clean the old lotion, toner or makeup remover container and dry it without any moisture. Fill up this container with the prepared rose water.
3. Make sure to check the 50/50 ratio for the rose water and olive oil. Add the extra virgin oil and baby oil to the rose water container close the lid and shake well.
4. Allow it to settle for at least five hours. Shake once again well.
5. Your homemade olive oil eye makeup remover is ready to use now. Store it in a cool dry place.
P.S: I know oil and water won’t mix up but this mixture will definitely work well as an eye makeup remover. So prepare it and have no worries! :) Rose water ingredient in this homemade eye remover helps calm down the tired eyes.
How to Use?
1. Dip a cotton pad in this eye makeup remover or spray some to a cotton pad.
2. Wipe the cotton on your eye makeup and wait for 2 minutes.
3. Now remove all the eye makeup gently with mild wipes. Olive oil effectively removes kajal, mascara and other stubborn eye makeup up to a great extent.
4. You need to shake the bottle well before very usage to make sure it works.
After removing the makeup, splash your face with cold water and pat dry.
5. If you have oily skin type, you can even use a mild cleanser after using this eye makeup remover to get rid of excess oiliness.
Image source: Google images