Today, I am going to share two amazing DIY hair mask recipes to achieve shiny beautiful hair at home. When it comes to beauty of one’s hair, which is seen first? The length of the hair? Color? Thickness? Long black hair with added volume is loved among most of the Indian women. I admire my mom’s long black hair. But what if that long black hair has no shine? Wouldn’t it look unattractive? Which one do you prefer? Long hair with no shine or medium length hair with good shine and silkiness? Of course the second one many would choose!
So what are the tricks and tips to get shiny hair? Shine is something we cannot bring on our hair in a second. Store bought lotions, hair serums and other hair cosmetics can make your hair instantly shiny but is that the natural shine? No! Check below for two amazing homemade hair mask recipes which make your hair shine like anything; like you have just came out from the parlor. Remember, these masks are not made of chemicals like the parlor ones, but with natural fruits and other natural ingredients to improve the overall health of hair, bringing its original shine outside! Healthy hair without any dryness is the key to soft and silky hair.
Homemade Hair Masks for Soft and Shiny Hair
1. Cream and Banana Hair Mask for Shiny Hair
Things you will need:
- 1-2 Ripen Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Milk Cream
- 2 Fresh Hibiscus Flowers
- Half Lime
How to Make?
- Take 2 ripen bananas; if you have short hair, then make it one. (I love bananas but I simply hate to eat over ripen bananas so I use them for this purpose)
- Peel off the bananas skin and collect them in a bowl.
- Mash the banana well well with a blender or a fork without adding anything to it.
- On blending, the banana would have turned creamy, sticky and pasty by now. At this point, put in the milk cream and blend well once again.
- In a mixer, add fresh hibiscus flowers and squeeze the lemon juice over it. Grind the flower and lime mixture to get a smooth flowery citrus red paste. This paste is the ‘magic key’ for shiny hair while the banana and cream add softness to the hair.
- Now put in this flower paste to the banana and milk cream mixture.
- Blend everything well together again! Your banana cream mask for shiny hair is all ready to use.
How to Use?
- On dry hair, apply this hair mask with the help of your hair mask brush or clean fingers.
- Cover the entire hair area with this hair pack without leaving any part.
- Wrap your head with a shower cap and leave the mask to work on your hair
- Let the super natural ingredients do their trick for 30 minutes to one hour!
- Wash it off with clean, cold water and a mild shampoo if required.
- For sure your hair would have turned super silky now! If you don’t get hibiscus flowers, you can also use the hibiscus leaves instead. Hibiscus leaves are used in the preparation of shikakai, a magical Indian homemade hair cleanser. To find how to make shikakai powder at home, go here.
P.S: Whenever I feel my hair is damaged without proper care for long days (ofcourse due to my laziness) I use this homemade hair mask! It just takes 2 minutes to prepare the mask but the results are super awesome! You must try it to believe it.
2. Simple Mayonnaise Hair Mask
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Green Gram Powder
- A teaspoon of Olive Oil
How to Prepare?
- Take mayonnaise in a small bowl
- Add green gram powder and a teaspoon of olive oil to it
- Blend everything together well with the blender
- If overly thick, add few drops of milk or rose water to the mixture
- Make it a smooth paste and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Your mayonnaise hair mask for smooth hair is ready to use now!
How to Use?:
- Follow the same usage instructions of the Banana Hair Mask above!
- Mayonnaise is a rich hair moisturizer! It nourishes even the driest hair to reveal the shine.
P.S: This homemade mayonnaise hair mask recipe is for divas for suffer from extreme hair dryness. I use this mayonnaise mask to soften my hair in winter. Keep in mind, if you have an oily scalp, kindly skip this mask or make sure not to apply it on your scalp as it might weigh down your hair.
So girls, how do you maintain your hair soft and silky? Any tips?