Let us all admit it. We all hate oiling our hair because it makes the hair sticky and messy. However, I am here to encourage you to oil your hair at least once a week. I am going to tell you about some facts and secrets about oiling your hair.
Mustard Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Amla oil, Castor oil, Jojoba, Tea tree oil! There are so many oils, which can help us achieve smooth and silky hair. Oiling your hair is the best way to get Mother Nature’s touch in getting strong hair. I, myself, am a mother. I regularly oil my daughter’s hair, and she has quite strong hair. Without oil and moisture, you hair might turn dry, rough resulting in hair loss.
Facts and Secrets of Oiling Hair
1. You can use Castor Oil on your hair every night and then rinse it off in the morning. Believe me; your hair will become really strong and shiny! However, to rinse it off, you must use a good quality shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Castor Oil has an anti-microbial action and is rich in fatty acids!
2. Amla oil used once every week prevents premature graying of hair and it helps in preventing hair loss and treats hair damage. Our hair goes through a lot of damage over the week and using Amla Oil helps to maintain your natural hair color.
3. You should not use lots and lots of oil to coat your hair. Applying a thin coat of oil to the hair is the best way to oil your hair. Also, warming up the oil a bit before using it also helps a lot.
4. Well it is a myth that oiling your hair will help in growth of the hair. Oil just acts as a hair conditioner and a hair oil massage helps in relaxation. The oil that acts as a conditioner does help in preventing dryness and thus in turn preventing hair loss to an extent.
5. Coconut oil strengthens the hair as it contains calcium, iron, etc. that help in moisturizing the hair and repairs damaged hair too. This does help in making the hair strong. Jojoba oil is also beneficial as it makes the hair soft and properly moisturized. Olive oil is also helps to make the hair silky and cures dryness of the scalp.
I guess you got the basic facts about Oiling Your Hair! Do try these out and let me know if it helped you :) It was a small try from my side to explain that oiling the hair is beneficial. If you ask me, my personal favorite is Olive Oil.
How many times do you oil your a week/a month? and Which oil do you use?