Today, I am going to review the WhiteGlow Micro Emulsion with SPF 25 from Lotus Herbals. I personally like Lotus Herbals brand and their products expect some of their shampoos which made my hair rough. I had been using the Lotus Herbals Licorice White Skin Whitening Cleanser and it helped me remove my tan up to a good extent last summer. After reading many positive reviews about this particular ‘Micro Emulsion’ product, I finally gave it a try.
Price and Quantity:
Rs.245 for 40ml
Grape Extract, Mulberry Extract, Milk Enzyme and Saxifraga Extract
How to Use?:
Use morning and evening all over face and neck after cleansing it thoroughly. For synergic effect, use in conjunction with WHITEGLOW Intensive Skin Whitening & Brightening Serum.
Packaging: This product comes in frosty, see through glass bottle with a silver color coated plastic cap. It has a good quality pump type dispenser that dispenses the right amount of product when pressed. I feel very comfortable about how this product is packed because it is that much travel friendly and easy to use; looks good too. Right?
Colour, Consistency & Fragrance: The emulsion is milky white in colour and has a creamy consistency. The consistency is in between a cream and a lotion but definitely very smooth. I loved its divine floral fragrance very much.The fragrance is mild, pleasing and bearable even for sensitive noses.
How it works: I had no much expectations about the whitening claim as whitening my skin is not my goal. I just bought this micro emulsion to moisturize and even out my skin as I was in search of a good light winter moisturizer for my normal-oily facial skin. It contains SPF 25 PA+++ which is an added bonus for me 🙂 I usually run away from fairness creams which have SPF as they would give skin my skin a white chalky look but this micro emulsion is so different.
Before and After Applying:
Soon after washing my face, I dot this lotion over my facial skin when it is semi-wet and massage gently until it gets completely absorbed. It hardly takes 2 minutes and all I see is my moisturized, soft glowing facial skin. No! Don’t expect it to whiten your skin with a matte finish; This will not whiten your skin or brighten your skin after application but the glow of well moisturized skin is what you get for sure. (Refer the picture above; the emulsion moisturizes skin and makes it soft, smooth and fresh) After application, I just put on my kajal and a lip balm; and I am ready to step out 🙂
Now coming to its working part; I am using this for more than a month now (twice everyday) and I could say it has made my skin a bit even and more softer than before. I don’t see any dramatically brightened skin but it has improved the texture of my skin. It suits my normal-oily skin well in winters but I will not dare to put it on my skin after summer enters. I need something mattfying for summers; I will give a try on this but if this makes my skin chip-chip (my guess!) then it goes to my summer nay product list. I sometimes apply this lotion over my hands too to protect myself from UV rays and this product works good as a body lotion for temporary dryness relief too. As per the claims, it does not leave any residue on my skin and I am very much happy about it. If you are excessively oily skinned, or excessively dry skinned this might not suit you but I don’t regret buying it now as I have a normal-oily skin. A single bottle will last 2 months for me with daily usage (2 pumps cover my entire facial and neck skin) and my Rs.245 did not go in vain at last 🙂 Overall, it is more than a good product from Lotus Herbals.
- Comes in an attractive and travel friendly packaging
- The dispenser is of good quality and dispenses the right amount of product
- The micro emulsion moisturizes skin very well in seconds
- It is smooth, easily gets absorbed and leaves no residue as claimed
- Very suitable for usage in all skin types expect the excessively oily/dry ones
- Contains SPF and PA+++ which is an added benefit
- Causes no side effects; extremely mild even on sensitive skin types
- Has a pleasing floral fragrance which is mild
- Regular use evens out the skin tone and makes skin fresher
- Improves the texture of the skin and gives it a bright healthy look
- A single bottle will last for 2 months hence the price is not a big concern
- Easily available
- Contain parabens
- The ‘Visible results in 7 Days claim’ is just another marketing gimmick.
- This will not help moisturize extra dry skin types
- Excessively oily skin types might find it a bit greasy after few hours of application
- If you’re expecting an instant bright, white matte effect, this product is not for you.
- It doesn’t whiten, brighten or lighten skin as claimed but surely imparts a visible glow
- The price can be reduced for this 40ml quantity
Do I Recommend?:
I highly do recommend this product for everyone who are looking out for a light, quick absorbing moisturizer with added glow effect instead of looking chalky matte on skin. It is very suitable for all skin types expect the extra oily/dry ones. This micro emulsion improves skin texture and makes skin radiant and fresh with regular usage; what more you need?
Would I Repurchase?:
No doubt! This is my current HG moisturizer. I will use it on winters and springs; not sure about summers because of my oily T-zone. I am completely satisfied with this product and its ‘natural glow’ results on my skin. Thanks to Lotus Herbals for this Micro Emulsion 🙂 My search for the best winter moisturizer for my normal-oily skin ends here. Until I find a better product with a more affordable price tag, I am sticking to this lovely micro emulsion.