Anything that says home made takes so much of attention from me. That is why I always come here on MABH again and again with one or the other kitchen items. This time it is black grapes; it’s the grape season here now. And, this is another post I am making it sound partially like a cooking post. So sorry; but I have to mention the procedure of making the grape juice here.
Half or one kg of black grapes, sugar and water.
How to Prepare?:
- After cleaning the grapes well; in a wide vessel boil all of the black grapes with enough water. Water quantity should be little above the level of the grapes in the vessel.
- Boil for about 15 minutes or until you find the grape pulp has been loosened.
- After it cools, pour all the contents on a strainer and collect the juice in a different vessel. The grape peel, pulp and seed will be collected in the strainer.
- Add sugar to the collected juice and refrigerate for further cooling. There; black grape juice is ready
Now, the contents in the strainer are of no use in the juice drink. But it is the key ingredient for our body polisher. The seed can be separated out easily. The pulp forms the base of today’s body polisher.
One fist full grape pulp, dried and crushed grape seeds and one spoon honey
How to Make?:
- Wash the seeds in water and dry it under sunlight. (Just 4-5 hours of exposing to sunlight is sufficient for drying.)
- Crush the seeds to form a scrub like granules and store it in an air tight box.
- Take a fist full of the pulp in a separate container and mix it with one spoon honey.
Done. Grape pulp and honey forms the body massage cream; grape seeds powder forms the body scrub particles. Together everything forms a home made body polisher.
How to Use?:
I use this body polisher after bath. Firstly, massage for about 3-4 minutes with the mixture of grape pulp and honey. And then for another 2 minutes I use the grape seed powder for scrubbing of the skin. Then wash off everything with water. No soap or body-wash after using this natural polisher.
This way I do not need any moisturizer or body lotions after bath.
There is one thing I feel sad about the grape pulp. It cannot be stored for long. It can be refrigerated and saved for another 2 days or so. It cannot be stored for long months. But; the dry seeds can be stored for as long as you want. I am planning to use it in my facial routine too.
I hope this was interesting. Enjoy every body the season of grapes as of now! I am definitely enjoying. 🙂 So, do you use Grapes in your skincare routine? If yes, share your recipes below!