My day is incomplete without using at least 2 spoons full of coconut in my daily cooking. Living in the coastal region of India has made me a great devotee of coconut. No no!! I am not showing you any thing that I am cooking. The topic of presentation today is using coconut in my beauty routine, especially during winter.
My place here does not have that harsh winter every body is talking about. But, yet there is dryness in the weather. My entire skin is become scaly. My feet are no exception. I got so many cuts and pointy flakes on my heels. It badly needed too much of care. And this where I turned towards coconut for some help.
All you will need is 3-4 spoons full of grated coconut. 🙂
How to Use Coconut as a Foot Scrub:
- I always have coconuts at my home ready for bring used. Using of coconut scrub has to be compulsorily done in the bath room. Else, you will end up cleaning the floor all time.
- First clean the feet with mild soap. I have started using baby bath products considering they are mild in nature. After cleaning, take some amount of grated coconut and rub across the entire foot in possible angles; some hard strokes and some soft strokes. Do not bother of your skin getting hurt. These grated coconut pieces are so soft that they form a very smooth scrubbing structure.
- Do the rubbing on the heel, between the toes, on the nails, edges between nails and the skin, ankle, above and under the feet. Coconut pieces forma a very good massager cum scrubber, a two in one product.
- The skin will now definitely look shiny and oily. I do not use any soap to remove the creamy residue of the coconut. I only use hot water to wash it off. Hot water will remove the excess oiliness from the skin. After patting my feet dry, I slip into a pair of slippers so that I do not leave greasy foot marks on the floor. If at all some amount of greasiness is left behind, it will be absorbed by the skin in about an hour or so. So, no worries.
I follow this twice a day. It hardly takes about 5-6 minutes.
- Once in the morning while bath.
- Again at night before sleeping.
When not to use?:
Do not do the coconut scrubbing for your feet if you have plans of going out for the day. Feet will attract lots of dust since the coconut scrub is very creamy. Only do it at night.
So how do you use Coconut in your Skincare Routine?