Hello Friends! Today I am going to discuss about my experience with Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Shampoo with you all. Loving one’s own hair is a girl thing. Every girl lovers her own hair, concentrates more on hair care as much as she does for her skin care. So we could obviously say that ‘HAIR’ means a lot to a girl. Hence ‘HAIR’ has its own aesthetic value. The texture of the hair varies for every individual irrespective of its size and color. Let’s see what are all the things help us for the maintenance of the hair. Shampoo and oil plays a major role in hair care. We must be more cautious while selecting a shampoo for our hair type. We should check its suitability for our hair’s nature and that’s how I selected Garnier Shampoo as it claims to make hair ‘Sleek and Shine’.
This shampoo is especially made for rough, frizzy and difficult to manage type of hair. I have also got the conditioner for free :) along with this shampoo and Let’s see how both they work.
Is your hair rough, frizzy and difficult to manage? Does it frizz up in harsh & changing weather? GARNIER FRUCTIS SLEEK & SHINE Shampoo/Conditioner Strengthens the hair fibre from within smoothes the hair fibre from root to tip and helps protect against the effects of humidity.
Price and Quantity:
Shampoo: Rs.117 for 200ml
Conditioner: 90g; Got free with the shampoo :)
Shampoo: Lather, rinse, repeat if required. For best results use everyday.
Conditioner: Rinse well after shampooing. Apply conditioner along length of hair to tips. Leave for 1-2 mins. Rinse thoroughly.
Shampoo: ACTIVE FRUIT CONCENTRATE. Fructose + Glucose Vitamins B3 + B6 – Nourish hair from the roots AHAs- Strengthens the hair fibre.
Conditioner: Fructose + Glucose,Vitamins B3 + B6 Nourishes hair from the roots
Shelf Life: 36 months
My Experience with the Product
Packaging: The shampoo comes in an attractive parrot green coloured, flat plastic bottle. It has ‘flip and press’ type opening. The conditioner bottle looks alike the shampoo with the same type of dispenser however it is a shorter than the shampoo bottle.
- Read: New Clear Women Anti-Dandruff & Anti Hair Fall Shampoo Review
Color, Consistency and Fragrance: The shampoo is white in color and has a sweet and fruity fragrance with runny consistency. I would say the highlight of the product is of course its pleasant fruit fragrance. The conditioner is too white in color and has a mild fruity fragrance (Similar to the shampoo) but with a thick, creamy consistency.
How it works:
After my long travel (3 days trip to a temple) my hair became rough and tangled due to the atmospheric conditions of the place I have visited. So I have applied oil on the hair and left it over night. Next day I have tried Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Shampoo along with its conditioner. It eventually reduced my tangles and roughness of the hair. The effort of combing after bath is simplified, since the combination of shampoo and conditioner effectively reduces tangles. However some of my friends said that this shampoo and conditioner caused them hair fall :( but I am not sure about it. If you are a sweet-fragrance lover and have a dry unmanageable hair, this shampoo and conditioner would not disappoint you. Remember, you should use the conditioner along with the shampoo to help your hair turn manageable. For the price, these products are definitely worth a try.
- This shampoo + conditioner combo makes my hair manageable upto a good extent
- Has a fruity smell that lingers on hair for sometime
- The shampoo lathers well and cleanses out the dirt and oiliness from the scalp.
- Both the shampoo and conditioner gets rinsed off easily with water.
- My hair feels soft and shiny after using this combo
- Comes in a very affordable price (You get the conditioner for free!)
- Available everywhere
- The packaging of both the products are good and travel friendly
- Some of my friends told me that this shampoo and conditioner causes hair fall; but it doesn’t for me
- You may or may not like its fragrance. Some find it to be ‘artificial’.
- It makes hair manageable up to an extent but not that great or ‘Sleek and Shiny’ as per the claim.
- Without conditioner, this shampoo doesn’t help with dry hair; but then that’s not an issue for the price.
Makeup and Beauty Home: 3.5/5
Recommendation: Do try this if you have unmanegable dry hair and especially, if you love fruity smells :)
Would I Repurchase?: Yes I may repurchase it if I don’t find a better shampoo which makes my hair manageable.