Today I am going to review the Fair & Lovely Anti Marks Fairness Cream For Blemish-less Fair Skin which has been sitting on my beauty case for a pretty long time. Actually, I picked two packs of this particular product before a couple of months; one for my mom and one for me. I am not a pale skin lover, I have never used Fair and Lovely products before but I picked this one just because of the Anti Marks claim as I had some ‘here and there’ marks on my face left by some heat bumps and acne. My mom has finished her first tube and bought another but me, had no thought of using it till two weeks ago. Now, I am using this fairness cream for past 2 weeks and here is my review on it. I am also including my mom’s experience with this product in this review. Go ahead!
Fair & Lovely Anti Marks Fairness Cream – Specially designed for skin with marks and spots. With breakthrough Vita-Aloe complex. Lightens different kinds of marks and helps prevent spots from coming back. Get visible fairness!
How does this cream fade marks and help in preventing them from coming back?
- Vita-Aloe complex with Vitamins B3 & E, Aloe Vera concentrate & Fruit Principles, target blemished areas of your skin to effectively lighten marks and fight excessive pigmentation build up.
- Triple sunscreens with broad spectrum sun protection & TPI 60 help prevent UV ways from triggering darkening and reappearance of marks.
Results: Blemish free fair skin in 4 weeks.
Contains no harmful ingredients as bleach. For external use only.
- Proven in dermatologist conducted controlled human volunteer studies in 4 weeks
- Subject to continuous use as recommend
Use twice daily on cleansed face and neck for best results.
Mild tingling on skin is an indication of the cream’s efficiency. If skin irritation/reaction is intense & persists even after 3-4 days, discontinue use and consult a dermatologist. Do not apply to broken or inflamed skin. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, rinse well with water.
Rs.90 for 50g
My Experience with the Product
Packaging: This fairness cream comes in a neat tube which is packed inside an outer carton. The tube is neat and white it colour whereas the twist type cap is green. The nozzle is long with a moderately small hole to dispense the product. I would say that this is a neat, easy to handle and travel friendly packaging. I have no complaints about the packaging part of this product.
Colour, Consitency & Fragrance: It is a thick cream with a light peach tint which looks pleasant for the eyes. I do not need to say about the fragrance; it is a typical Fair & Lovely one but this one has a different floral scent with it as an extra which I liked :) Nothing in this cream’s fragrance is going to irritate even if you have a sensitive nose.
How it works: Though being thick, this cream spreads very smoothly onto the facial skin without any hardness. It blends like a dream and gives a very mild-dewy finish to the skin. This is no greasy or stretchy feel after applying this cream over my facial skin. My skin feels just perfectly moisturized and soft. However I did not like that ‘dewy’ finish on my already normal-oily skin. (Terribly oily in monsoons now!) If it is winter, this cream would have suited me well. If you have normal-dry skin, this would perfect fit in the place of your day cream. However if you do not like the dewy effect, you need to set it with a compact or a loose powder. Very dry skins and very oily skin might not find this product helpful.
Okay now coming to the anti-marks effect, my mom told me that it has reduced the thickness and darkness of her spots with one whole month of everyday usage. I have been using this product for past two weeks and it has cleared out my uneven skin tone up to a good extent but definitely it is not going to give you a spot-free clear fairness in 4 weeks. For the price, it is a good day cream which moisturizes and brightens normal-dry skin types well. If you have oily or extremely dry skin type, then stay away from this product.
- Moisturizes normal-dry skin types perfectly
- Does gives an instant glow
- It doesn’t give a flat powdery finish to the skin
- If you like that light ‘dewy’ look, then you might love this
- Evens out skin tone with regular usage
- Does not break me out
- Mild floral fragrance which is even suitable for sensitive noses
- Even though being thick, this spreads easily onto the skin
- Affordable for the quantity and worth
- Would be a great winter moisturizer for normal skin types
- The packaging is neat, sturdy and travel friendly.
- Available everywhere!
- Does leaves a whitish caste on dusky-dark skin tones :(
- If you have oily-extremely oily skin types, this might make your skin greasy
- Not for combination skin types too who have oily T Zone
- It doesn’t moisturze dry-extra dry skin types well either. In winters, it might stretch your skin
- Does not make you fair or pale; and one needs to be very patient to notice the anti-mark effect
Makeup and Beauty Home Rating: 3.5/5
My Recommendation: Yes. I recommend this product to all normal-dry skinned, dewy finish loving beauties. Usually, most of the fairness creams, especially Fair & Lovely gives a flat matte and powdery finish to the skin but if you want Fair & Lovely which would give you a moisturized dewy finish, grab this. I do not recommend this product to oily skinned girls anytime.
Would I Repurchase?: Not sure! I am going to try this, this winter and if it works really well on my scars and spots, I will repurchase it for next winter to use on my normal-oily skin :) But my mom loves this products and she said that she is repurchasing it every time for her normal-dry skin.