Hiee!! You can call me a late bloomer!! What I mean to say is that I got introduced to the fascinating world of skin care, hair care and makeup very recently.:) I am a software engineer from Mumbai but now based in Chennai. I spend a considerable amount of my time in office looking at beauty blogs and that’s when I came across this blog ;). I love the fact that you review goodies which are affordable and the tips you give me are quite useful. I love writing and its been a long time since I wrote something apart from software codes!! I also love animals (be it fluffy, four legged or 3 legged). This is my 1st article on anything related to beauty and hope you all like it!!
- First and foremost, never comb wet hair. It’s something we all do when we are pressed for time (guilty). But wet hair equals fragile hair which easily tends to break. Let it dry naturally.
- Always use a wide toothed comb. People say its difficult to comb with it but trust me. It’s easier than it looks.
- Towel drying is another issue. Picture this. A piece of cloth being washed on the stone by beating it repeatedly on the stone. Now replace the stone with your hair. Get it? Just gently rub the towel on your hair.
- ALWAYS COVER your hair with something when you travel. Use old dupattas.
- Use shampoos which do not have SLS, SLES and parabens.
- Do not use conditioner every time you shampoo. Restrict it to once a week or 2.
- Essential oils like Rosemary, Clary Sage and Basil are very good for combating hair fall. Add a couple of drops to coconut, olive or almond oil and apply it to your scalp. Worked wonders for me!!
- Do not tie up your hair too tightly. It makes hair vulnerable. Also gives a headache.
- Every night comb your hair atleast once to remove knots.
- AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL- Do not stress too much about hair fall. You stress, your hair stresses. It’s a vicious cycle.
Image courtesy- Google Images