Pack in my hand (To guess the exact size)
Wrapped with Silver Foil at the Top
Thin layer of plastic cover inside the foil (While opening)
You would have got an idea about the packaging seeing the above pictures itself yet I would like to describe it in few lines for a better idea. The product comes in a sturdy plastic tub of orange and white mixed colour body with a green cap. It’s not that cute looking but quite good and compact.The cap is sturdy and fit and hence the product becomes travel friendly. I haven’t bought the 30 ml pack, but heard that it comes in tube with a flip type cap. I love all the products with flip type cap because it is hygienic. This 175ml pack may be little unhygienic as you need to dip your hand inside every time you use the hair cream. If the tub is shaked, little cream settles in the cap. The packaging is quite good for the sturdiness but not surely hygienic at all. If comes in a squeeze type bottle or a tube, it would be perfect.
Rating: 4/5 (-1 for tub packaging)
Colour, Consistency and Texture
The hair cream’s texture on my skin
As you see in the picture, the cream is milky white in colour. It has a smooth texture and perfect consistency, neither too runny, nor thick. It spreads easily over the hair and scalp and becomes transparent hence a little quantity is enough for every use. Hence, one 175 ml tub comes for minimum 3 months with weekly use. The cream doesn’t give any greasy feel like hair oils, it spreads smoothly and evenly. To say about the fragrance, it is pretty good, an unexplainable fragrance, but sure it’s not a heavy herbal one. It wont bother sensitive noses either. The colour, consistency and fragrance of the cream is really good and I love it a lot!
Rating: 5/5 (Perfect hair cream which spreads easily thus lasts longer)
My Experience and Results
As I needed a good nourishing hair product for whole winter, I picked the bigger pack of 175ml and using it twice in a week one hour before shampooing my hair. I do water spray my hair before applying this hair cream and this makes it spread even more easier. It instantly nourishes my hair and scalp without any oily feel, but it does makes hair heavy. After washing my hair with shampoo, there is no need of using a hair conditioner as this is very nourishing and leaves my hair soft and silky. I don’t know whether it controls hair fall or strengthens the roots as they claim, but I am sure if your hair is well nourished, the chances of hair breakage reduces. Thus the hair grows longer and stronger. The only thing that made me feel a bit odd is the paraben content in it. That wont be a big issue nowadays as every other do so. They says that we should use it after hair wash but it is totally false as it leaves greasiness and heaviness behind. Before hair wash or night usage would be fantastic to achieve good hair. With regular usage, it’s herbal contents made my hair healthy, soft and dandruff free. So, overall it’s a good hair cream which is affordable and of good quality, only the packaging should be improved.
Rating: 4/5 (-1 for greasiness left behind)
- Affordable. You get a huge amount for a less price.
- The hair cream spreads easily over hair and scalp, thus a little amount is required for every usage. Hence, the product lasts longer.
- It consists of herbal ingredients like chickpea, amla and this nourishes hair and scalp resulting in softness and smoothness of the hair.
- No conditioner required if used as a pre wash hair cream. Dry scalps may need though.
- Easily available everywhere and causes no side effects at all.
- It cures flaky scalp, thus dandruff is controlled little.
- Prevents spit ends and makes hair healthier with regular use.
- Boon for people who hate hair oils as it is not that sticky or smelling. The Fragrance is pretty good and mild.
- The tub packaging makes it unhygienic. Change it please!
- Contains parabens, it can’t be considered as a big con as most of the cosmetics do so.
- The hair cream cannot be used after hair wash as they claim, it leaves hair greasy. Pre-wash usage is perfect.
Go ahead everyone! :) It’s another great product from Himalaya. One of the best nourishing hair cream!
Overall Rating: 4/5 (-1 for the tub packaging)
Will I repurchase again?: Don’t you know? :P Yes! Every time of course!